Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sophomore Year - High School Sucks and Never Ends

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's almost over. It seems like just yesterday we were starting school. I can't believe we're going to be Juniors next year. Just two more years and we're FREE!!!!

It really does though, it seems like just yesterday that we were starting our Sophomore year. I've made so many new friends this year and just, for the most part, had a fairly good time. As good as one can have in high school, you know. Sure the year has been full of ups and downs, but we got throught it. We survived. And you know what? A lot of it has to do with friends. Like I said I have made some new friends but my older friendships have continued to grow.

If it wasn't for my friends, I would not have had as good of a time here. It's like the song, "High School Sucks"

Just listen to me my new friend
There is something you should know
That everybody here, is not exactly what they show
That’s what you gotta do, sometimes to get by when your a freshman here at....

...To avoid getting picked on
Or getting your ass kicked
Go find some fake friends
That you can fake laugh with
Come with me on my little tour
Find someone that you can trust
But be careful this is High school and everybody sucks...

...we’re all just insecure...
...it's high school And It Sucks
I have few friends I can trust, man
High School And It Sucks
...

...You might be walking in the hall ways LIKE why you stare at me
Everybody is judged by their popularity...

...So pick a CLIQUE before you pass through
Pick the wrong one and they will outcast you
Prom king, Prom Queen, who got the nicest hair?
At the end of the day, nobody really cares...

...Take your SATs and applications
Cause everybody’s waiting on graduation...


Such a true song. It's High School and it does suck, we are all insecure and I do have just a few friends I really trust and I love them will all my heart. <3 They're the world to me and I wouldn't be the person I am without them. If I didn't have them I don't know if I would be able to make it through High School. Again, it is High School and you basically are forced to be something you're not and "pick a clique" (but me and my friends, we made our own clique. And I'm so glad we did.) and it's true, sometimes people are outcasted just because of the group of friends they have or how they chose to dress (etc.). And after it's all said and done and High School is over, no one cares anymore, the stupid trivial fights, none of it really matterd in the long run. And everyone can't wait to get out, go to graduation and never have to do it agian... just one problem. High School Never Ends (it's a song too lolz)

4 Years you think for sure
That's all you've got to endure
All the total dicks
All the Stuck-up Chicks
So superficial, so immature

Then When you graduate,
Ya take a look around and you say "Hey Wait!"
This is the same as where I just came from,
I thought it was over, Aw that's just great....

....The Whole Damn World is just as obsessed
With who‘s the best dressed and who's having sex
Who‘s got the money. Who gets the honies

Who‘s kinda cute and who‘s just a mess
And you still don't have the right look
And you don't have the right friends
Nothing changes but the faces, the names, and the trends
...

...Check out the popular kids
You'll never guess what Jessica did!
And how did Mary Kate lose all that weight?
And Katie had a baby so I guess Tom's straight!...

...And the only thing that matters,
Is climbing up that social ladder
Still care about your hair and the car you drive
Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 35...
...Reese Witherspoon, she's the Prom Queen
Bill Gates, Captain of the chess team
Jack Black, the clown
Brad Pitt, the quarterback...


Also a very true song. Eveyrone, for the rest of our lives is going to care about how we look and dress, about what's hot and what's not, about cars and the "social ladder". It doesn't matter if you're 16 or 35, everyone still cares about the same old stuff.

It's just the same old story, over and over again, and to be honest I don't think it will ever change... but all that aside...

my Sophomore Year has been pretty good. Things have been rough, but I've made it through and it's been an interesting year, but not too bad. I will defenatly remember it.

One last shout out to my best friends for making my Sophomore Year so memorable. I definatly won't forget it, at least not anytime soon ^_^ <3

~Peace&Love,
Kiru

1 comment: